Ask your own question to be answered
Who created HOW and who currently runs HOW?
High Octane Wrestling was the brainchild of Lee Best and HOW Hall of Famer Narcotic. If officially launched in the fall of 2002 and closed in 2004.
- During this time Narcotic created all things website and graphic wise with Lee focusing on recruiting and day to day operations.
Once reopened in 2008, HOW had its best run and did not close until 2016.
- During this time Narcotic created his last website for HOW and Lee continued to handle all day to day operations
Recently reopened in spring of 2019, HOW is currently ran by Lee and his son Michael Best.
- Lee continues to focus on day to day operations along with website creation with Michael lending a hand on day to day operations and also working with Scottywood on graphics
Angle or Roleplay Fed
High Octane Wrestling is a roleplay based efed. The winners are decided by roleplaying. The only things angled in HOW are segments on the shows.
Are there rules?
There are basically no rules in HOW other than the typical common sense rules when it comes to efedding:
- No attacking or usage of any other character without their permission in a roleplay
- Do not destroy the 4th wall. Walking up to it and putting a toe on the line is ok…..destroying it will not end well
- Plagiarism is not allowed. If found to be copying old roleplays will result in bare min of a suspension and if copying someone else’s work will result in termination
- Content is your roleplays are up to you but there are some basics to refrain from which include racism, child porn, and anything that could be hate related to specific people. The game is meant to be fun and it will be up to Lee ultimately if any of your content is considered to be too offensive in the land of High Octane.
- No show once….shame on you…..no show twice……shame on me……no show three times………your character is at the mercy of Lee Best and the handlers in HOW to do what the deem fit to your character in HOW results
HOW are roleplays scored?
Roleplays are scored based on five categories:
- Match relevance
- Character Development
These five categories are scored on a 0-5 point basis with the best score being a 5.
Once scored the average score of the five categories are than multiplied by 80% (.8) and added to the score roleplays done towards the roleplay max limit 20% (.2)
Thus 80% of your score is based on quality and the other 20% is based on quantity.
What are the roleplay limits?
The max number of roleplays per weekly show currently sits at 1 rp per match and 2 rps max for Championship matches.
The max number of roleplays per PPV show will be 2 rps per match and 4 rps max for Championship Matches
HOW are shows put together?
Each show will have an outline on the forum where writers can sign up for segments for the show.
Matches will be given out to the match writing staff and will be represented on the outline.
Shows also feature a BOTF (booking on the fly) element for those that take part of the posting of the show on show night. Those folks with staff to write segments literally on the fly to play off events happening on the show